Job Title: Office Assistant (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Refugee Law Project (RLP)
Duty Station: Mbarara and Hoima, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource and Administration
The Refugee Law Project (RLP) is an outreach project of the School of Law, Makerere University. Our Mission is to empower asylum seekers, refugees, deportees, IDPs and host communities to enjoy their human rights and lead dignified lives. Refugee Law Project’s work is currently structured in five thematic areas: Access to Justice; Conflict, Transitional Justice & Governance (CTJ&G), Gender & Sexuality; Mental Health & Psychosocial Wellbeing; and Media for Social Change.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will mainly be responsible for high quality cleaning service that includes tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, dusting, emptying bins, and polishing surfaces in order to ensure that the office premises, toilets, kitchen and stairs are kept in a clean and orderly condition that facilitate effective and efficient operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that at the end of each working day, during weekends and public holidays the office premises are securely locked;
- Keep safe custody of all office keys and the entire premises, ensuring that not one key falls into the hands of criminals; run errands like providing tea/coffee or refreshments for guests/visitors to the organized meetings as appropriate; perform office administrative duties as required.
- Support staff in photocopying, distribution of mails received to staff, including office correspondence from reception to every staff member and receive visitors and directing them to the relevant offices in a cordial manner;
- Maintain a record system and inventory of all items in the office and also assist other field staff with overflow work, including data entry as required;
Safety and Hygiene:
- The Office Assistant will dust/polish all surfaces including equipment and exhibits in the offices, kitchen and corridors;
- Sweep, brush and mop the floors, ramps, verandas and stairways;
- Clean all kitchen utensils, jerricans, buckets and basins;
- Maintain clean office toilets/latrines; notify administration when cleaning materials are running low so that they can be ordered; empty all bins
- Ensure that RLP’s rules and regulations are implemented with relevance to the activities as well as policies and procedures;
- Actively participate in necessary meetings and reviews and also perform any other tasks that may be identified or assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Refugee Law Project (RLP) Office Assistant job placement should hold a Diploma/ Certificate in any relevant field
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an Office Assistant
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a work environment or similar customer/client care situation
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, we encourage you to address motivation letter and updated CV to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Copies of certificates should not be attached, but will be requested for from short-listed candidates only.
Deadline: Friday 29th July 2016 by 5.00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline