Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project name: USAID TRACK TB Project
Reports to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9126
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID TRACK TB Project:
TRACK TB is a 5 year USAID funded project implemented by Management Sciences for Health and partners. TRACK TB focuses on increasing Tuberculosis (TB) Case Detection Rate (CDR) and Treatment Success Rate (TSR) in Kampala and USAID supported districts to meet national targets for reducing the burden of TB; MDR-TB and TB/HIV co infection.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern for MDR TB and NTLP respectively will perform a range of support functions which are critical to the smooth running of the TRACK TB M&E Unit. The interns will offer timely support to the MDR TB and NTLP units respectively in their main functions of strengthening the implementation of a robust National TB/MDR-TB MIS and NTLP M&E Unit, with the aim of ensuring comprehensive quality, timely and accurate reporting. The intern will undertake specific responsibilities while also enhancing their capacity through coaching and mentoring..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will support data collection, cohort and performance review activities related to MDR-TB and NTLP.
- Offer assistance to MDR -TB and NTLP sites to enter facility based MDR-TB data and NTLP data, including contact tracing data, into MDR-TB and NTLP electronic register /web based MDR-TB MIS and NTLP respectvely at facility level.
- Support the MDR-TB and NTLP sites to regularly and timely submit reports to the MoH - NTLP and eHMIS.
- Carry out simple analysis of the data sets from the electronic MDR-TB and NTLP registers and provide feedback to health workers and community supporters about patients that need to be followed up.
- Support technical staff to conduct basic data analysis and interpretation and document success stories resulting from project implementation.
- Work closely with partners and MDR-TB health facility staff, NTLP staff follow-up facilities and community to promote regular use of data.
- Keenly monitor stocks of MDR-TB and NTLP data collection tools at facilities and ensure their availability.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern should preferably hold a Degree in Public Health or Statistics.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in computer applications especially Microsoft Office, Excel and Access Applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a team and meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline