Job Title: Clinical Research Nurse (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Head Community Studies
The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program (the Program), founded in 2001, is a not for profit organization with offices and research facilities based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe. The Program’s main activities are conducting research, building capacity and providing advocacy for HIV/AIDS vaccine as well as molecular and epidemiological work toward HIV prevention. The Program is mainly funded by the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA but also receives funding from other donors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in nursing or related field.
- GCP/ HSP training is an added advantage.
- Previous experience working in a research setting.
- Phlebotomy (blood draw)
- Broad knowledge and experience in HIV Counseling and testing for at least 3 years
- Knowledge and experience in Treatment of STIs, provision of family planning.
- Willingness to travel on water and stay on the islands for weeks
- Flexibility to work on weekends
- Ability to conduct face-face Interviews in English and the local language (Luganda)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons are encouraged to send hand written cover letters along with copies of academic certificates, Curriculum Vitae, day-time telephone contact numbers and names of two professional referees to:
UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Ltd,
P.O. Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda.
Send electronic copies via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th August 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline