Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Regional Pastoral Livelihoods Resilience Project (RPLRP) Project
Duty Station: Abim, Amudat, Amuria, Bukedea, Katakwi, Kotido, Kumi, Kween, Moroto, Nakapiripiriti and Napak, Uganda
Reports to: District Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda (GoU) through the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), has received credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Regional Pastoral Livelihoods Resilience Project (RPLRP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is: To enhance livelihood resilience of pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in cross-border drought prone areas of selected countries and improve the capacity of the countries’ governments to respond promptly and effectively to an eligible crisis or emergency.
Job Summary: The Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation/ Data Officer will conduct M&E activities under the project, with key duties including; compiling activity M&E reports, supporting in carrying out studies, organizing M&E related beneficiaries’ trainings at community level and providing feedback to communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the DPC to implement project activities, prepare district project annual work plans, activity and monthly reports
- The Assistant M&E will support the District Project unit in maintaining accurate records and data used to compile results and reports.
- Work in liaison with other District staff ( the DPC, CAO and Accounts Assistant) to perform management control and cost accounting functions, making sure that physical progress data coming from activity implementation is matched with financial data and within District project budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation/ Data Officer jobs should hold a university degree in statistics, agricultural economics, development studies, social science and computer science.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with the execution in data collection, entry and analysis and related work with a reputable organization
- Working knowledge of record management procedures
- Ability to competently operate various work-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy skills
- Proven ability to work in communities
- Broad knowledge and understanding of data confidentiality issues
- Possess the ability to work quickly, accurately and making reports
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good math and English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the Chief Administrative Officer of the District you are applying for (check top of advert for district locations) with copies of your academic qualifications, detailed CV and addresses of three referees.
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline