Job Title: Accounts Assistant (11 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Regional Pastoral Livelihoods Resilience Project (RPLRP) Project
Duty Station: Abim, Amudat, Amuria, Bukedea, Katakwi, Kotido, Kumi, Kween, Moroto, Nakapiripiriti and Napak, Uganda
Reports to: District Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda (GoU) through the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), has received credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Regional Pastoral Livelihoods Resilience Project (RPLRP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is: To enhance livelihood resilience of pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in cross-border drought prone areas of selected countries and improve the capacity of the countries’ governments to respond promptly and effectively to an eligible crisis or emergency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare payment forms and payment vouchers, post invoices and other expenses as per approved budgets
- Prepare funds transfer letters of review and approval and write EFTs for approved payments as per the financial control procedures
- Keenly review and approve petty cash request in line with financial controls procedures
- Maintain the fixed assets register and a proper filling system of receipt and payment vouchers in line with the departmental guidelines
- Prepare the cash requisition schedule to support funds request from the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries in line with the project’s financial policies and world bank requirements
- The Accounts Assistant will prepare payroll and remittances to district project staff and payments in line with statutory requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports and statements for financial management as stipulated in the Financial Control and Management Manual of the World Bank.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the 11 Accounts Assistant jobs should at least hold a diploma in Accounts/Business Administration,
- A minimum of two years’ experience with the execution of accounting activities with a reputable organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and organizational skills
- Good computer skills and knowledge of computer accounting packages
- Must be team player, result oriented and must be self-driven.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the Chief Administrative Officer of the District you are applying for (check top of advert for district locations) with copies of your academic qualifications, detailed CV and addresses of three referees.
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline