Job Title: Project Administrator, SDF
Organization: Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Project Name: Uganda Skills Development Facility (USDF)
Funding Source: World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Accountant, SDF
About World Bank USDF:
The Government of Uganda has received credit from the World Bank towards Implementation of the Uganda Competitive Fund for employer-led short term training (Uganda Skills Development Facility -USDF). The Uganda competitive fund for employer-led short-term training is part of the Skilling Uganda Project addressing prevailing skills imbalances and shortages in Uganda. An important element of the initiative is to facilitate collaboration between training providers and industry to promote demand driven skills development with special attention to innovative modes of training. The Fund is an IDA-funded project expected to be managed by the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU). The grant component of USDF aims at;
- Component 1: Supporting training activities that lead to improved productivity and competitiveness in the formal and informal sectors, hereby creating new income opportunities
- Component 2: Providing funding primarily for the improvement of the quality and relevance of existing skills systems
- Component 3: Prioritising innovative new approaches to skills development with special attention to micro and small enterprises.
Job Summary: The Project Administrator, SDF will be responsible for all activities aimed at ensuring the efficient administration of the project. As office Superintendent, the Project Administrator shall manage and oversee activities of the office and ensure that any matters are promptly and appropriately handled. The Officer will also ensure that office logistics are availed and functional at appropriate times and that the project environment is serene.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals, Answer enquiries in form of telephone or email and providing general information. Assist in making outgoing calls when requested by other staff.
- The jobholder will receive, and direct stakeholders/visitors to appropriate Officer.
- Receive and sort mails, collecting and distributing mails to respective offices. Confirm receipt of mails or documents
- Keep the reception tidy
- Responsible for photocopying and filling and maintaining attendance register.
- Arrange travel reservations for office personnel.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Take dictation in shorthand and transcribe information.
- The incumbent will operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems
- Handle the matters of general office administration and staff matters and administer daily office operations and coordinate logistic requirements
- The incumbent will coordinate and organize meetings including venues, facilities, document preparation and catering and ensure preparation of attendance register for participants in workshops or conferences
- Offer support in drafting, editing and finalizing reports and correspondences. Prepare, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Ensure that all documents, correspondences are appropriately and securely filed.
- Support the Project Manager to formulate and implement/administer Human Resource procedures, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Develop and implement performance management system for the Project support staff Follow-up all service contracts e.g. security services, cleaning services etc under the PCU to ensure that they are implemented in accordance with the terms therein, and renewed on time.
- Support the Project Administrator to identify and rationalize career and training opportunities/needs for project staff.
- Ensure all Human Resource data types and reports are continually kept up-to-date.
- Carry out any other duties incidental to the above as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Well Maintained staff files and office records that are complete and accurate
- Workshops, conferences and meetings are well coordinated
- Report on Tasks accomplished indicating deadlines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Bank SDF Project Administrator vacancy should hold an honours bachelors’ degree in Administrative & Secretarial Science, Social Sciences, development studies, Business Administration, Management or a related field. Possession of a postgraduate qualification in human resource management, project planning & management, business administration, stores/logistics management, secretarial is an added advantage.
- Be knowledgeable in modern Office systems and must be computer literate.
- Familiar with efficient working environment where targets must be met timely, and there may need to work long hours; for example under a Donor funded project Coordination/Implementation unit.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, solve problems, implement, monitor and evaluate tasks and to deliver outputs to meet required deadlines; ability to relate well with a multiplicity of stakeholders; self-motivated and team worker, and of demonstrable and unquestionable level of integrity.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work as a team leader/team member.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and Internet is essential
- Must have a typing speed of at least 40 words per minute.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources and in executing duties as demonstrated by the letters from the referees
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to deliver their application letters, updated curriculum vita and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. Please clearly indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Executive Director,
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Plot 43, Nakasero Road,
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala- Uganda.
Deadline: 20th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline