Job Title: Project Household Grants Officer – Karamoja
Organisation: Office of the Prime Minister (OPM)
Project Name: World Bank Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Operations Specialist
The Government of Uganda has received a credit from the International Development Association/ World Bank towards the cost of the Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project. The development objective of NUSAF3 is to provide effective income support to and build the resilience of poor and vulnerable households in Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Project Household Grants Officer – Karamoja will provide strategic direction and ensure systematic planning and implementation of Project activities under the Improved Household Investment Support (IHISP) Component. The incumbent will also offer technical support in programs execution under the Improved Household Income Support Component at National, District and Community levels to ensure maximum benefit to the Project beneficiaries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical guidance to the Local Governments on planning and implementation of subprojects under the Improved Household Livelihood Investment Support Component. This includes business planning for the attainment of enterprise profitability in subprojects to be financed under the Project.
- In charge of preparing annual and quarterly work plans and budgets for the Livelihood Component for consolidation and approval by Management
- Take lead in guiding the establishment of innovation platforms for value addition chain development for community agriculture-related subprojects financed under the Project.
- Carry out regular monitoring and supervision visits to the Districts and communities to support implementation of activities under the Livelihood Investments Support Component.
- Regularly monitor the progress of implementation of Project activities under the Component to ensure adherence to implementation guidelines, targets, time schedules and sector standards and norms.
- Participate in the preparation and review of Project implementation guidelines , handbooks and manuals
- Offer support in the development of and maintain database for beneficiary communities including tracking systems that provides updates on fund flows, reporting , audit, budget revisions and project deliverables.
- Guide the project management and District Authorities on performance improvement measures and resolution of implementation bottlenecks under the Component.
- Ensure implementation of the recommendations for improvements and innovative solutions for communities during the implementation of the project.
- Actively contribute to the generation of knowledge, documentation of experiences and lessons learned as well as dissemination to the various sub regions implementing the project.
- Regularly review subproject requests submitted by the Districts to ensure accuracy, completeness, viability, sustainability and compliance with relevant sector norms and standards before financing.
- Prepare component quarterly progress reports
- Take part in the preparation and conduct of the GOU/World Bank Joint Implementation Support Missions and other supervision and evaluation missions
- Actively participate in the preparation of Terms of Reference (ToRs) for Consultancies to be undertaken under the Project
- Develop a plan for component-related capacity enhancement for the Project implementers and beneficiary communities
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
Key Result Areas:
- Providing of technical guidance to the local Government on planning and implementation of sub-projects;
- Preparation of annual and quarterly work-plans for the Improved Household livelihood component
- Guiding the establishment of innovation platforms for value addition chain development for community Agriculture related projects
- Monitoring progress of the implementation of project activities in Districts;
- Support the implementation project activities in districts;
- Preparation of quarterly Reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank NUSAF3 Project Household Grants Officer – Karamoja career opportunity should hold a first degree in Human Resource Development, Livelihoods Management, Agriculture, Development Studies or related disciplines from a recognized University
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience of working on Community empowerment, social protection interventions, Household Income Support and livelihoods programs in Karamoja
- The applicant must be hailing from and a resident of Karamoja but also fluent in Kajong language
- Possession of skills in community engagement and participatory support
- Previous experience of working with the Government and poor communities in low capacity environments.
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of livelihood development processes including community mobilization, targeting, group formation, training, business plan development, management and monitoring of livelihood sub-projects etc.
- Excellent project management skills, and should have demonstrated similar skills in the past.
- Proven ability to work in teams and collegial attitude.
- Strong writing skills especially in English language.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in using MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send cover letters and updated CVs via email only to email@example.com
- Please indicate the Post Title in the Subject line when applying
- Submitted copies should strictly be in PDF and all in one document
- Relevant academic documents will be required at the interview stage.
- Only E-mail applications will be accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline