Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Office of the Prime Minister (OPM)
Project Name: World Bank Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
The Government of Uganda has received a credit from the International Development Association/ World Bank towards the cost of the Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project. The development objective of NUSAF3 is to provide effective income support to and build the resilience of poor and vulnerable households in Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Driver will assist NUSAF3 to fulfill their mission of working for the project by providing safe driving support and general administration and logistical work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will drive vehicle for official travel as requested by Officer.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport
- In charge of observing the road and traffic laws and regulations.
- Ensure alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day to day maintenance checks, oil, water, battery, brakes and tyres.
- Prepare and submit accountability.
- Support the Admin Assistant to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated.
- Log official trips, daily mileage.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank NUSAF3 Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist career opportunity should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level).
- At least three years’ experience as driver with good driving record.
- Competence test in driving
- Good team prayer
- Positive attitude towards work and colleagues.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send cover letters and updated CVs via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the Post Title in the Subject line when applying
- Submitted copies should strictly be in PDF and all in one document
- Relevant academic documents will be required at the interview stage.
- Only E-mail applications will be accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline