Job Title: Warehouse Operations Manager
Organization: Frank Management Consult Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Frank Management Consult Ltd is one of the country’s premier Recruitment & Training consulting firm, based in Nairobi. FMC has proven itself for more than 15 years. Specifically, FMC has competitive expertise in Recruitment, Headhunting, In-House Training, Background Check, Career Development Advisory, CV writing services & General HR Consultancy. They would like to recruit for their valuable client, East Africa’s leading Supply Chain Company.
Job Summary: The Warehouse Operations Manager will be tasked with the core duty of planning, organising and controlling all warehouse operational activities to ensure client deliverables are achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly monitor and approve receipt and release of clients’ stock
- Ensure safe custody of goods in the warehouse.
- Manage material movements according to SOP and best practice.
- Manage the coordination of all inbound and outbound material.
- Ensure physical stock movements are correctly managed in the WMS.
- Follow up on orders for customers to ensure they are executed on time and accurately.
- Ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively.
- The incumbent will prepare daily planning schedule to ensure sufficient storage space, personnel and equipment are available to meet daily operational requirements.
- Ensure that weekly WMS reports on client volumes and warehouse capacities are done for top management.
- Measure warehousing activities with accurate KPIs and share KPIs with customers, regional team and top management.
- Notify management of any irregularities and issues.
- Carry out daily spot checks on warehouse documentation and archiving to ensure compliance.
- Consistently analyse productivity and efficiency of warehouse staff and equipment.
- Monitor staff to ensure job activities are carried out properly based on agreed job descriptions and set objectives.
- Follow-up on the development of company QHSE policy on the shop floor.
- Follow-up with QHSE, legal, security incidents/ findings with relevant department heads.
- Manage the personnel in line with health and safety regulation and group policy.
- Manage all customer issues raised by customer service officer and ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Develop staff skills and provide sufficient training.
- Carry out daily spot checks to ensure SOP and QHSE compliance on the shop floor.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and stock, and take appropriate action.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business related field; supply chain management
- A minimum of five years’ experience in warehouse operations in a busy supply chain environment
- Computer literacy i.e. MS Office suite proficient
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs to:
Frank Management Consult Ltd,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Deadline: 24th June, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline