Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Vocational and Business Skills Senior Programme Officer will coordinate with private sector and partners on business skills and employment components of the programme. The incumbent will formulate strategies to link youth to markets and will coordinate youth groups either directly or through partners. The incumbent will manage several staff and partner activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Concern Worldwide WASH Vocational and Business Skills Senior Programme Officer job placement should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development and/ or Business Skills or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in community development work in a challenging environment, preferably with an International NGO.
- Significant experience in implementing business skills in development programmes, linking producers to markets and linking skilled people to employment opportunities.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of issues affecting youth in Karamoja.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Possession of a valid Class A driving permit is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (max 4 pages) with day time phone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of email or address hard copies to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 24th June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline