Job Title: Video Consultants/Firms to Produce Participatory Videos on Trachoma Prevention in Busoga and Karamoja Regions of Uganda
Organisation: Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is a pioneer in the field of strategic, research based communication for behavior change and health promotion that has helped transform the theory and practice of public health.
Under this initiative, JHCCP is supporting WASH partners Water Mission and Water Aid to communicate more effectively at community level about Trachoma, its cause, prevention and treatment. In particular, the WASH partners are promoting facial cleanliness, hand washing at critical times and environmental sanitation practices in seventeen districts in Busoga and Karamoja regions of Uganda.
To support their community based Trachoma prevention interventions, JHCCP plans to produce six short 10-15 minute educational videos on Trachoma and its prevention, and promoting facial cleanliness, hand washing and environmental sanitation. These videos will be produced separately for Busoga and Karamoja, in the languages of those populations, featuring the people and living circumstances typical of those regions of Uganda.
JHCCP is seeking services of one or more experienced consultant/firm to support the development process and production of these videos using a participatory video approach, where community groups design and produce their own videos. Three videos will be produced in Busoga and three in Karamoja. The activity is expected to take place during the period June 2016 – August 2016.
The videos will be used by WASH partners during community sensitization activities which include: community leaders’ meetings, community video shows, school video shows, surgical camps and health facility education sessions among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The consultant/firm(s) must be an experienced video director and producer, with experience implementing participatory video productions, preferably in Uganda. The consultant/firm must have digital hand held video cameras, laptops with alternative energy power supplies, and other equipment suitable for low-cost, locally produced videos in rural settings.
Knowledge of Lusoga or Karamajong is an added advantage, as is past experience producing videos about hygiene and sanitation, Trachoma, or other public health issues in Uganda. Firms must be legally registered in Uganda. Consultants must be Ugandan citizens or possess a visa for Uganda that permits them to work
How to Apply:
All qualified individuals and firms may apply to produce videos for either Busoga or Karamoja or both. Please indicate in your proposal which regions you are bidding for. Please submit the following:
- If applying as a company or organizations, a profile of your company, including relevant past experience, and a list of at least 3 current or past clients with whom you have provided similar services, including contact information.
- CVs of all people who are proposed for this work.
- Description of the equipment that will be used for this assignment.
- If a company or organization, a copy of your current legal registration certificate and tax clearance documents.
- Sample videos produced by the producer/director proposed for this job. These may be shared as DVDs or on WeTransfer.
- A cover letter describing experience producing participatory videos, or, if you have no experience, describing how you would go about the process.
- An estimated budget for the activity.
All proposals should be submitted in hard copy.
Please follow these instructions:
- Submit 3 printed/hard copies of your full proposal plus one DVD of your sample videos to the JHCCP Program Support Coordinator at the JHU Office, Plot 244/45 Tank Hill Road, Muyenga.
- Email your proposal to: email@example.com
- If possible, WeTransfer your video samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 24th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline