Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project Name: USAID-funded Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC) Project
Reports to: Technical Advisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9089
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID UHSC Project:
USAID-funded Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC) is a five year program supporting the Government of Uganda's health system to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS). The expected results of are to: 1) strengthen national policies and strategies and support cost-effective, equitable and transparent utilization of EMHS resources; 2) strengthen country capacity for effective management and utilization of EMHS; 3) increase availability and access of EMHS among priority populations.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist works with Pharmacy Division (PD) and Uganda Health Supply Chain Project. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing a pharmaceutical sector monitoring and evaluation framework and regularly updating the pharmacy division on the status of implementation and the outcomes from the various pharmaceutical interventions being implemented and supported by both GoU and its partners. S/he will work with the technical team members at Pharmacy Division, National Drug Authority (NDA), Central Warehouses and other key partners to develop appropriate and where necessary align where available indicators, targets and methods for collecting information on support activities and performance, develop an M&E database and assist with analysis for evidence based decision making for sector improvements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the information needs with support from Technical Advisor and the ACHS to determine key issues and requirements of the required Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Keenly review and Implementation of the pharmaceutical sector monitoring and evaluation frame work.
- Offer technical guidance in the design of the pharmaceutical M&E system or database including design of data collection tools, collection and analysis of data from the field and data management activities.
- Carry out research studies and evaluations to inform policy decision making.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports required by Pharmacy Division and other stake holders that support effective decision making.
- Coordinate M&E dissemination meetings.
- Assist the office of the Assistant Commissioner Health Services (Pharmacy Division) in the coordination of pharmaceutical M&E activities in the Ministry of Health, development partners, implementing partners and Profit Not for Profit (PNFP) sector stakeholders.
- Identify resource needs to continuously improve and strengthen performance of the sector.
- Integrate program reports into the sector report, explain trends and discuss possible interventions with relevant managers at pharmacy division and persons responsible for logistics technical assistance at the program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics or related field.
- At least five years’ experience in health sector /monitoring systems strengthening
- Proven analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
- Previous capacity building/training experience is desired
- Hands-on experience with USAID procedures and practices are highly desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write/edit reports.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS.
- Working experience in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 29th June, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline