Job Title: Senior Grants Officer
Project Name: USAID Intergrated Health Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is one of the world’s largest professional services networks, with over 225,000 professionals who are dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
About USAID Project:
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited is seeking to recruit for an upcoming 5-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) - funded program. The program will aim at achieving Regional Health Integration to enhance health services within various districts in Northern Uganda. It will advance key aspects of USAID/Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) including expanding access and utilization of quality health services, as well as building and developing strong sustainable health systems.
Job Summary: The Senior Grants Officer will be responsible for monitoring the grant process including relevant technical reviews of the proposals from sub-grantees, carrying out rigorous pre-award assessment and communicating with sub grantees Board members for contracting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Senior Grants Manager, coordinate the grant making process from solicitation to contracting;
- Supporting the Grants Manager in managing the grant process covering relevant technical reviews, negotiating specific terms and conditions and carrying out rigorous pre award assessment with an emphasis on high performance and verifiable results ;
- Providing guidance to Regional Grants Officers for ensuring efficient disbursement of grant proceeds based on performance results;
- Working closely with technical partners to ensure that effective monitoring and evaluation is carried out regularly;
- Assisting the grants manager in preparing quarterly reports;
- Providing capacity building assistance too sub grantees in collaboration with the Grants Manager, and technical partners to ensure organisation and technical growth of the sub grantees;
- Ensuring timely and proper close out of grants;
- Ensuring that all grant documentation is maintained according to Deloitte standards and USAID policies to the extent that they can be fully audited with limited or no findings;
- Analyzing, verifying and reviewing proposal budgets to ensure donor compliance;
- Ensuring proper documentation of all correspondence with sub grantees, especially contractual, programmatic and financial changes on all budgets and contracts modifications;
- Providing regular guidance and support to other team members by assisting them to develop their capacity to deliver to the highest standards;
- Identifying appropriate training opportunities for other grants staff to build their skills in identified areas for continued learning and growth;
- Actively contributing to the performance management activities for grants officers including planning, monitoring, coaching and performance appraisals;
- Ensure the Regional Grant Officers have a common understanding of the goals and objectives of the Program as well as their roles;
- Advising the Regional Grants Officers in developing their work plans on quarterly basis;
- Ensure Grant Officers understand and implement USAID rules and regulations at all times;
- Preparing other grant reports that may be required by USAID and the RHITES board;
- Proving inputs in designing, maintaining and updating the grant tracking database as well as ensuring consistency and accuracy of information; and,
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Project Senior Grants Officer career opportunity should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Health/Administration, Sociology, Social Sciences or related field;
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of four years’ experience in project/grant management, preferably in the health, social or financial sector;
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical, financial management and evaluation skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- Computer literacy skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility in working in a complex/dynamic environment;
- A team player with excellent planning and organisational skills; and
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link below to start the application process. Please note that all relevant documents must be attached together with your application. Applications without this will not be considered.
Deadline: 15th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline