Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Co-ordinator
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Voucher Plus Activity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager and Manager Capacity Building
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Uganda (Baylor -Uganda) is a private not for profit NGO that provides: HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services; maternal child health services; Health Professional training and Clinical Research.
About USAID Project:
Baylor-Uganda is a partner in the year sub-grant from Abt Associates under the USAID/Uganda Voucher Plus Activity. The goal of the USAID project is to expand access to and the quality of health services for pregnant women including maternal mid-child care, facility-based delivery and postpartum planning through the private sector.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Co-ordinator will coordinate and support implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) and reporting functions for the project. The job role’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the project’s PMP and ensuring high-level quality tracking of all performance measurement indicators and reporting in accordance with the Project’s Results Framework.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective M&E Coordinator should hold a Master’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Public Health or any other related field. Possession of a Postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs with a special focus on family planning, maternal and child health.
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in training, mentoring and coaching of medical records personnel and other health workers on data management and use.
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Health HMIS tools, procedures and guidelines
- Proven experience using data processing and analysis packages such as SPSS, Epidata, Stata, MS Access, MySQL and web-based data management systems
- Results-oriented, team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The applicant must be dynamic
- Highly persuasive and convincing
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English.
Send applications via E-mail to: applications@baylor-Uganda.org.
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 1st July 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline