Job Title: HIV/TB Specialist
Project Name: USAID Intergrated Health Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is one of the world’s largest professional services networks, with over 225,000 professionals who are dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
About USAID Project:
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited is seeking to recruit for an upcoming 5-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) - funded program. The program will aim at achieving Regional Health Integration to enhance health services within various districts in Northern Uganda. It will advance key aspects of USAID/Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) including expanding access and utilization of quality health services, as well as building and developing strong sustainable health systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage in the formulation and implementation of the HIV/TB strategic plan for the program.
- Implement the program performance monitoring plan for the region.
- Support implementation of HIV/TB Care and Treatment monitoring. systems by providing guidance and supervision to the program.
- Offer technical support to HIV/TB implementing partners (IP) at regular intervals, in performance monitoring, using standard procedures for provision of technical assistance, quality assurance of data management.
- Ensure that quality data is collected and reported, and the timely submission of reports by program. Provide feedback on data quality issues to all the program stakeholders.
- Provide guidance on the collection, aggregation, verification and reporting of regional HIV/TB service statistics.
- Carry out training/capacity building for HIV/TB medical personnel to improve delivery of medical services.
- Support the districts to aggregate, verify and report data received stakeholders. Work in collaboration with Regional Technical team members to review and provide feedback monthly performance and service statistics.
- Assist periodic development of reports, documentation and presentations by providing data on a need to basis
- Document best practices and lessons learned from implementing partners in monitoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Project HIV/TB Specialist career opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery, Public Health or related field;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Medicine and Surgery, Health Economics, Public policy, Health Policy, Public Health or related field;
- Additional training in HIV/TB management;
- At least ten years’ experience in the relevant field, five (5) of which should be at a managerial level;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in implementing HIV/TB Health related projects in developing countries;
- Previous experience in grants management in a health program;
- Excellent knowledge of on-going and emerging issues in relation to HIV/TB Health systems;
- Knowledge of international HIV/TB health systems policies and best practices;
- Expertise with HIV/TB donor funded programs;
- Excellent knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Excellent, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Previous exposure and experience with data management and statistical software, including Excel, Access and SPSS is desirable.
- Willingness to travel within Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link below to start the application process. Please note that all relevant documents must be attached together with your application. Applications without this will not be considered.
Deadline: 15th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline