Job Title: Director, Finance (Programs)
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
About USAID Project:
FHI 360 is anticipating to implement a USAID-funded integrated health services project in Eastern Uganda. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV / AIDS, MNCH, nutrition and TB services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Uganda laws
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Oversee and manage all sub award processes and grants programs under the project
- Provide technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Guide senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
- Manage project procurement processes
- Keenly review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID
- Manage and liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial and administrative practices and records
- The incumbent will manage a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration and procurement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Director, Finance (Programs) job placement must hold a Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- At least ten years of finance management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join FHI 360’s USAID-funded project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline