Job Title: Compliance Officer
Organization: Strengthening Decentralization for Sustainability (SDS)
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Agreements & Compliance
About USAID Project:
Strengthening Decentralization for Sustainability (SDS) is a 6-year (2010- 2016) USAID-funded program in support of the government of Uganda (GOU) at the district and Sub-county local government level. The project aims at improving results and sustainability of decentralized social service delivery through appropriate tools, technical assistance, and financial support. The SDS Program is implemented by Cardno Emerging Markets, Ltd. USA, in collaboration with: Urban Institute; Development Info Structure Inc. (Devis); Infectious Disease Institute (IDI); and Tangaza Cinemas. Since April, 2015, SDS was requested by USAID to support critical USAID health activities previously implemented under the Northern Uganda Health Integration for Enhanced Service (NU-HITES) project. Working in collaboration with implementing partners, and especially the Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) project, the SDS Program’s activities in the North ensures uninterrupted delivery of quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment services for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS and continue USAID support for other critical health services, including ending mother to child transmission (eMTCT), MNCH, FP, TB, and malaria services.
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer will primarily ensure compliance with client requirements and corporate policies and procedures throughout the project. In addition to enforcing policy, the incumbent will help identify gaps in policies and practices and support necessary revisions. The incumbent will support and perform scheduled and ad hoc compliance reviews and spot checks, and capacity building efforts for project staff, grantees, and contractors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review and/or prepare requests for quotes or proposals
- Keenly review agreements, purchase orders, grants, and other award documents for compliance with USAID and Federal regulations and Cardno practices
- Carry out pre-award surveys
- Regularly monitor and assist with selection process to ensure compliance with USAID requirements
- Review applicant and contractor budgets
- Assist with training efforts for grantees, contractors and staff, in understanding the award requirements and USAID regulations
- Perform compliance reviews and spot checks to ensure proper utilization of US Government funds
- Support project closeout activities
- Assist with preparation of realignment and closeout budgets
- Support the Home Office with necessary approval requests to maximize advance notice to USAID
- Assist with development of closeout checklists for sub-awardees
- Help identify gaps in policies and practices and work with Sr. Manager, Agreements & Compliance, as well as Program and Home Office teams to determine and recommend solutions
- Support and reinforce Cardno’s fraud prevention protocol
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID SDS Project Compliance Officer vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- At least five years of experience working on USAID-funded projects, in Contracts, Procurement and Finance functions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated resumes with names of three references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job position in the subject line.
Deadline: 17th June 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline