Job Title: WASH Coordinator
Organisation: Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
About UNHCR Project:
Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development is an Implementing Partner for UNHCR that positively contributes toward improving sustainable living standards of refugees and other Persons of Concern in Nakivale, Isingiro District. This is being achieved by implementing livelihood support with skills development, environment conservation, Safe Access to Fuel and Energy (SAFE), and WASH so that people live in satisfactory conditions of sanitation and hygiene, amongst other disciplines. Self-reliance by all the people is one of the key targets during planning and implementation of the activities.
Job Summary: The Nsamizi WASH Coordinator will be responsible for planning and providing technical guidance in the WASH sector for all activities. The incumbent will also support the assessment, implementation, monitoring and reporting of current and future Nsamizi WASH programs in the settlements as well as liaising with external stakeholders including donors, partners and local governments. The incumbent will work closely with partners, refugees and all stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of safe WASH services in the assigned settlement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Nsamizi WASH Coordinator vacancy should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Water and Environment Management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Water Environmental Sanitation
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD or Arch CAD, Epi info and Water CAD or any other hydraulic modeling software
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- Good communication and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send an application letter and curriculum vitae to:
The Principal, Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development,
P. O. Box 149, Mpigi. Uganda
Deadline: 20th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline