Job Title: Sanitation & Hygiene Field Officer
Organisation: Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
About UNHCR Project:
Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development is an Implementing Partner for UNHCR that positively contributes toward improving sustainable living standards of refugees and other Persons of Concern in Nakivale, Isingiro District. This is being achieved by implementing livelihood support with skills development, environment conservation, Safe Access to Fuel and Energy (SAFE), and WASH so that people live in satisfactory conditions of sanitation and hygiene, amongst other disciplines. Self-reliance by all the people is one of the key targets during planning and implementation of the activities.
Job Summary: The Sanitation & Hygiene Field Officer manages the implementation of programs at the settlement level, leads 3 Sanitation and Hygiene Assistants (SHAs).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages community & school-selection for WASH interventions.
- The jobholder also manages the Sanitation & Hygiene plans and activities in the settlement
- Compiles and submits monthly monitoring data reports.
- Organizes training of SHAs and VHTs.
- Develop a community disease awareness system at community/institutional level and liaise with all Health centre In-charges to monitor and report on prevalence of S&H related diseases.
- Actively participates in sanitation & Hygiene baseline evaluation surveys.
- The Sanitation & Hygiene Field Officer also monitors families and schools to assess adoption of Sanitation & Hygiene practices.
- Drafts plans and budgets for his/her sectoral programs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Sanitation & Hygiene Field Officer career opportunity should preferably hold a B.A or BSc in Water Resource management, public health, Social Work or the equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in community development, or WASH programs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of financial and people management.
- Proven ability to work with people of different nationalities
- The applicant should have expertise in planning, formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting on humanitarian operations.
- Proficiency in the languages spoken in the project area and Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of Sanitation and Hygiene is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of working with local partner agencies with a capacity to provide formal and informal training.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send an application letter and curriculum vitae to:
The Principal, Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development,
P. O. Box 149, Mpigi. Uganda
Deadline: 20th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline