Job Title: National Administrative Officer - NOA (TA)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Reports to: Deputy Head of Office
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 4351
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Office, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Uganda, the National Administrative Officer will perform the following main functions:
1. Budget and Finance:
- Offer support in the preparation of budget and/or cost estimates against the Programmes/projects work plans, in accordance with OHCHR procedures;
- Offer timely support in the preparation of requests for allotments and/or allotment revisions and follows up on the necessary authorizations with OHCHR Geneva;
- Keenly monitor budgetary allocations through regular reviews; preparation of periodic reports of expenditures;
- Offer support in the implementation of accounting and financial management controls and ensure their consistency with the UN rules and regulations;
- Prepare and submit ad-hoc reports for donor reporting, in accordance with OHCHR practices.
- Certify payment memos and tracking with UNDP.
- Ensure timely disbursement of advances for expenditure and working advances.
- Support OHCHR grantees and track all grants to ensure reports are obtained timely.
2. Procurement Functions:
- Conduct procurement and logistical arrangements, perform daily procurement actions for the implementation of Programme activities such as procurement of meeting venue, equipment, goods and services, providing all documents in time and in compliance with UNDP procurement procedures and rules;
- Ensure that all necessary procurement related data are properly recorded;
- Update vendor profiles and covers all support aspects of Local Purchase Order processing (RFQ, collection of supporting documentation, analyse quotations for approval or forward quotations to competent staff member for analysis, and forward to AO for issuance).
- Follow-up on delivery of ordered items.
- Collects all receipts of purchases and ensures that payments are done on time.
3. Human Resources Management:
- Undertake actions related to the administration of human resources activities in relation to programme implementation e.g., consultants;
- Offer support in the screening of applicants and preparation of shortlists of candidates ensuring that applications are consistent with recruitment criteria and post requirements;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR National Administrative Officer job opportunity should have completed a University degree in business administration, finance, accounting or other related areas.
- A minimum of five years of combined progressively responsible experience in related areas, i.e. human resources, general administration, financial administration, and field operations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of relevant administrative, financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English.
- Professionalism: Demonstrated conceptual analytical and evaluation skills, ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Technology awareness: Solid computer skill, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, IMIS, and relevant software packages.
- Communication: Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner in English and to communicate effectively orally in the same language. Ability to draft correspondence and reports.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a conflict-ridden, multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline