Job Title: Transport & Distribution Manager
Organization: Frank Management Consult Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Frank Management Consult Ltd is one of the country’s premier Recruitment & Training consulting firm, based in Nairobi. FMC has proven itself for more than 15 years. Specifically, FMC has competitive expertise in Recruitment, Headhunting, In-House Training, Background Check, Career Development Advisory, CV writing services & General HR Consultancy. They would like to recruit for their valuable client, a leading Freight Company.
Job Summary: The Transport & Distribution Manager will be tasked with the core duty of coordinating smooth transport and distribution of cargo for optimal returns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve Gross Margin and Operating Result budget for Distribution department.
- Work closely with direct reports to grow revenue from the existing Client base.
- Daily client engagement with existing clients (operational team) to improve service levels, manage escalations etc.
- Develop and implement SOPs and KPIs and have daily and weekly performance reviews with Clients and direct reports.
- Risk Management - File Management, Contract Management, Rate Cards etc
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve section and customer results.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Transport & Distribution Manager should preferably hold a Degree in business related field, logistics and supply chain management preferred. Applicants should at least hold a Diploma in Logistics and Distribution
- Five years’ experience in Transport Operations in a busy Logistics firm
- Good managerial skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good customer care skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs to:
Frank Management Consult Ltd,
Email to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th June, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline