Job Title: Territory Manager
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client, a leading international cement manufacturer in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Territory Manager will steer and achieve the company’s sales objectives in Central Region, for a portfolio of trade customers in Greater Kampala and the surrounding towns. This region presently accounts for 50% of the total Domestic Volume. The Central region represents the most complex collection of Dealers and requires constant management and monitoring to ensure that the business results are achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve market share as per business targets in the Central Region through growth in the Portfolio of Retail and Wholesale Customers and by growing the volumes of a target list of counters.
- Prepare and submit regular regional sales reports that provide information along with recommendations, progress of existing action plans, customer problems.
- In charge of resolving customer problems with support from customer service, logistics & finance.
- Responsible for surveying, tracking and reporting competitor actions.
- In charge of co-ordinating and leading marketing activities in the Central Region for example: Trade Blitz, Counter Sales Program & Masons Seminars
- Ensure the attainment of set sales volumes and revenue targets as per the business objectives.
- Manage and supervise the performance of Retail Sales Representatives so that it results in career growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in a commercial or engineering background. Possession of a Master’s degree in any related field is an added advantage.
- At least four years’ experience in Sales management.
- Excellent analytical and performance management skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and ability to make sound business judgement and decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Understanding of the cement industry is an added advantage
- Highly motivated and driven
- Has an in-depth understanding of the margins earned at wholesale and retail. In a competitive market the landscape is changing often and the individual needs to be intimate with the market.
- Focused and able to deliver consistently against stretch targets
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 29th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline