Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Social Protection Facilitator-End Child Marriages will facilitate implementation of the End Child Marriage Campaign Project, at the community and sub county levels, while ensuring linkages to district and national level interventions. The incumbent will be responsible for operational planning and implementation of the UNICEF Grant on End Child Marriage Campaign Project, while ensuring integration into WVU program interventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will develop and implement operational work plans and budgets for implementation within the targeted sub counties.
- In charge of mobilizing children, communities and other key stakeholders for awareness raising/action on issues of ending child marriages and others forms of child sexual abuse.
- Carry out sub-county level stakeholder mapping and analysis of “end child marriage” actors to inform building of partnerships, networks and collaborations for effective joint mobilization, awareness raising and social accountability.
- Actively facilitate advocacy/campaigning capacity needs assessment of community structures and partners, to inform the development and execution of a comprehensive sub county level capacity building programs
- Actively contribute to resource mobilization for project activities by documenting fundable into concepts for sharing with the Project Manager.
- Conduct regular field monitoring, to collect data on progress against the set indicators and compile regular, quality and timely reports.
- Facilitate effective and efficient utilization, as well as accountability of project finances and assets, as per the existing WVU policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Social Protection Facilitator-End Child Marriages employee should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a development-related discipline. Applicants with postgraduate training in related discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of field experience in advocacy Campaign coordination and Behavior Change Communication
- Excellent mobilization, advocacy and communication skills, facilitation and materials development for child protection
- Good collaboration and networking skills
- Strong coordination and team building skills
- Good writing and documentation skills.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline