Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Reports to: Online Editor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Monitor Publications Limited, A Nations Media Group Company operates Uganda’s most influential media house boosting of the Daily Monitor, Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3 KFM and 90.4 Dembe FM Radio Stations, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Social Media Specialist will manage all MPL social media platforms to ensure a connection with the various audiences, promote MPL websites and stay ahead of their competition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shares editorial content from Monitor platforms on Monitor social media platforms tastefully, making sure to look for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details and objectivity
- Edits and takes videos to be used on social media and digital platforms
- Keeps the social media platforms vibrant by keeping them updated daily with information from various platforms and sources that have been verified and whose information is trustworthy
- Develops and strengthens the Monitor social media platforms as a medium of breaking news
- Creates graphics for social media and digital platforms
- The jobholder shares information promoting Monitor content, events and programmes on Monitor social media platforms
- Responds to feedback, complaints and suggestions from social media audiences
- Initiates and develops content for the Monitor social media platforms
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or any related field from an accredited institution
- A minimum of three years’ journalism experience and demonstrated writing and editing experience in a newsroom
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with good understanding of online writing and editing requirements such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks and navigation
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work effectively with the team and collate material from multiple sources
- Forward thinking and able to strategize for all social media platforms
- Internet and social media experience with good understanding of new media and web analytics.
- Goal driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Advanced computer skills
- Demonstrable and proven experience in meeting deadlines
- Innovative and creative
How to Apply:
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number to via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline