Job Title: Driver (Several Job Positions)
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Transport Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Keenly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Keenly check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc in line with World Vision policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Driver job placement should hold an Advanced Level Certificate of Education with a credit in English at O Level
- Hold a certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- A certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in driving, with clean driving record preferably with an INGO
- Possession of two or more Classes of driving permit is preferred; DL, CM and CH classes are preferred.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline