Job Title: Driver (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport Officer
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives the UNBS vehicles as directed and ensure their safety.
- Check vehicles to ensure that they are in proper and good running condition.
- Maintain the vehicle by ensuring its cleanliness, regular service and repair.
- The jobholder will maintain vehicle records including service cards.
- Maintain accurate log sheets and give accountability of fuel used.
- Inform your supervisor immediately about mechanical problems which result from normal use and accident or theft immediately to both the police and your supervisor.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the UNBS Driver jobs should hold an O-level certificate of education. Possession of A-level certificate of education will be an added advantage.
- Possess at least 3 classes, (B, CH, DL and or DM) for the driving permit.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in driving with a clean record.
- Hold a certificate in motor vehicle maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Age: 25 – 35 years
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Bureau of Standards,
Bweyogerere Industrial Park,
Plot 2-12 Kyaliwajala Road,
P.O. Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 17th June 2016 by 5:00pm