Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write research proposals and projects and contribute to the design and lead the piloting of quantitative survey instruments
- Responsible for designing and overseeing survey of research projects.
- Organize and lead the training of enumerators for data collection, and manage the field implementation of surveys-involving monitoring the central server as well as the activities of enumerators in the field, to ensure maximum data quality
- Actively participate and lead the programming of survey instruments on tablet computers and writing research reports
- Ensure quality data collection, cleaning, and analysis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Senior Research Associate career opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics or any other related quantitative disciplines.
- Professional certificate in Research Methodology or data analysis will be of an added advantage.
- Good knowledge / skills in mix methods of research especially quantitative.
- Previous experience and skills in data analysis especially using STATA, for quantitative and any qualitative data analysis package.
- Capacity to design research instruments like questionnaires and supervise data collection.
- Working knowledge of digital data management like ODK, Survey CTO.
- Prior experience working in developing countries especially in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS or any other geographic information systems.
- Previous experience in research and evaluation, research communication, development management, quantitative research or any related capacity on such issues, will be of an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to email@example.com.
Deadline: 18th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline