Job Title: Senior Planner Education
Organisation: National Planning Authority (NPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref No: NPA/ADV/02/2016 (2)
Reports to: Head Social Sector Planning
The National Planning Authority (NPA) was established by an Act of Parliament No.15 of 2002 in compliance with article 125 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995). Accordingly NPA is the principal statutory agency responsible for the management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda. The primary function of the Authority is to produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, Long and Medium-term Plans.
Job Summary: The Senior Planner Education will mainly ensure that Education and skills Development issues both at national and decentralized levels are adequately identified, analysed and addressed in national policies, national planning and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, harmonize and ensure integration of education and skills development plans into National Planning frameworks, development plans and policies.
- Keenly analyze education and skills development policy issues in the country to document problems/gaps and generate evidence based potential solutions.
- Provide evidence-based advice on key education and skills development issues and propose required reforms to make the sector competitive.
- Carry out policy-related research and innovation in education and skills development in the country to inform policy, planning and implementation.
- Work with and provide technical guidance to relevant Sectors, MDAs and Local Governments in developing sector development plans, programmes and projects.
- Offer support in the development and implementation of education and skills development strategies.
- Coordinate regular fora on education and skills development planning and promote participation and information sharing among the whole spectrum of stakeholders.
- Keenly monitor and evaluate Sectoral and Local Government Plans, programmes and projects to ensure efficient planning and implementation of education and skills development services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields is a must: Economics, Statistics, Demography, Education planning, Skills Development, Social Sector Planning, Economics or any other related but relevant qualification from recognized Universities.
- Added advantage qualifications and trainings
- Possession of a Post-Graduate Diploma in any of the following fields: Project Planning & Management; Education Planning; Research methods; Project Costing, or any other related but relevant qualification from recognized Training Institutions,
- Additional training in Development Planning and Management are of added advantage
- At least seven years evidenced and relevant experience, of which at least five years must have been attained in the education and skills development sectors and at post graduate level.
- Previous experience in the public sector systems, operations, budgeting, accountability mechanism, reporting and coordination are a requirement.
- Prior exposure and experience in qualitative research
- Demonstrated and substantive knowledge of education and skills development issues in a reputable development-oriented institution/organization involving management of cross-functional related activities
- High level of integrity, independence, honesty, confidentiality, diligence and reliability.
- Initiative to define quality criteria / standards for the performance of own, or others under his/her supervision.
- Confidence and knowledge to act decisively in complex situations taking into account public interests, relevant laws & regulations.
- Ability to establish a link between NPA operations to the Governments agenda
- Ability to identify and analyze how organizational policies, processes and procedures are likely to be affected by environmental changes
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative research and manipulation of large datasets
- Demonstrated skills in decision-making or policy formulation, implementation, analysis and evaluation in organizational, national or international settings.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of accountability in the public sector and donor funded projects.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Age: Between 30 - 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send two sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae clear phone and email contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts should be directed to: The Executive Director, National Planning Authority, P.O. Box 21434 Kampala Uganda; Planning – House Plot 17B Clement Hill Road.
- The preferred method of applications delivery is physical delivery through the NPA Front Desk / Reception. However, postal applications are also allowed provided they are received before the deadline indicated below
- Shortlisted candidates shall be notified through their email addresses and phone contacts indicated on the application or CV.
Deadline: Friday 24th June 2016 by 16:55 hours.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline