Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Audit Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will provide technical reviews of audit documentation including reports and perform managerial duties as delegated or in absence of the Audit Manager. In addition, to provide an independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. This will be done by using a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes of WVU. In order to successfully execute this purpose, the position holder must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will ensure that the Annual Planning process is completed as directed by the Audit Manager.
- Take lead in risk-based integrated audits in accordance with stipulated auditing standards (IIA, WV GIA) as will be planned at the start of each FY and assigned by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Manage the review, assessment and analysis of data obtained for evidence of high risk deficiencies in internal control, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations and management policies and procedures.
- Engage in special assignments (international assignments, investigations, reviews etc).
- Represent the Audit Manager in quarterly WVU Board Audit Committee Meetings, as and when required.
- Supervises and review the work of the Internal Auditors as assigned by the Audit Manager from time to time. In the manager’s absence, to review all work papers and issue all the audit reports and reports on special investigations carried out by the staff members in the Internal Audit function.
- Consult and advise the Audit Manager on any technical and/or administrative areas encountered within the team, for timely strategic support, guidance and decision making.
- Ensure WV Global Audit quality standards are maintained in the review of audit work of direct reports: proper audit binder setup on Lotus Notes by the internal auditors, providing on-the-job technical support during field work with the team members and on site review as necessary, review audit files and draft audit reports before being forwarded to the Internal Audit Manager for final review and issue to Management, ensure quality audit reports for review by Internal Audit Manager for assigned audits etc
- Provide capacity building to WVU Management regarding risk management and risk-based integrated audit approach, during field work, and at designated training forums planned by WVU Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Senior Internal Auditor employee should hold a University Degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Management is preferred.
- The applicant must also be a qualified CPA or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status.
- Professional memberships in any of the following CIA/CISA/CFE
- A minimum of five years prior auditing experience in a recognized organization.
- Previous experience in public accounting and/or working in a non-governmental organization.
- Must have experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems (e.g. Sun System) would be an added advantage.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline