Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will support the Internal Audit Function in the implementation of an independent and systematic approach to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal control systems, risk management and governance processes so as to add value to the operations of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of an annual risk based audit work plan.
- Carry out quarterly audits to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of financial and operational controls.
- Keenly review risk management process in the Authority for adequacy and effectiveness.
- Prepare and submit reports of all audits conducted to the Manager Internal Audit.
- Maintain proper working papers for each audit, with clearly documented audit procedures and findings.
- Carry out follow-up with departments on quarterly basis to assess extent of implementation of audit recommendations and prepare annual follow up report.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Internal Audit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the PPDA Senior Internal Auditor job opportunity should hold a degree in B.Com (Accounting), Business Administration (Accounting) or Bachelor of Science (Accounting).
- Full professional qualification in ACCA, CPA,CIA or related field.
- Membership to ACCA or ICPAU or IIA.
- Credits in both Mathematics and English at O’ Level.
- A minimum of three years of auditing experience in a reputable organization.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with international accounting and auditing standards including IPSAS.
- Good understanding of laws that govern public finances in Uganda.
- Ability to work with accounting software.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good auditing skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Information Technology.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good leadership skills
- Proven personal integrity
- Good team management
- Ability to multi-task
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; copies of academic certificates and one (1) current Passport photograph should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline