Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Organisation: National Planning Authority (NPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref No: NPA/ADV/02/2016 (1)
Reports to: Head Production & Trade Planning
The National Planning Authority (NPA) was established by an Act of Parliament No.15 of 2002 in compliance with article 125 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995). Accordingly NPA is the principal statutory agency responsible for the management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda. The primary function of the Authority is to produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, Long and Medium-term Plans.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will continuously appraise and review the internal control system and ensure its appropriateness to ensure compliance with the relevant laws and regulations of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head Internal Audit in the preparation of the annual audit plans and subsequently in implementation.
- Support the Head Internal Audit in determining audit areas.
- Prepare and submit regular audit reports in line with internal audit plan.
- Examine and evaluate the financial and operational information of the Authority.
- Carry out specific investigations and inquiries as may be directed from time to time by the Authority
- Participate in the day-to-day administration of the office, including the planning and monitoring of the budget, and authorisation of expenditure for the Internal Audit department.
- Examine compliance of the Authority’s operations with the NPA Act, 2002 and other relevant national laws and regulations.
- Represent the Head Internal Audit on audit matters as may be required.
- Carry out audits as directed, either individually or jointly with other internal audit staff.
- Examine any anomalies or violations of the established policies and regulations.
- Continuously examine the books of accounts to ascertain accuracy, completeness and reliability of the financial information.
- Regularly identify and evaluate the internal controls system and advise on improvement.
- Carrying out of audit tests on transactions, records, accounts, files as may be required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honours degree from a recognized University. Possession of a Post graduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Full Professional qualification of; ACCA, CPA, CIA and membership to ICPA-Uganda is a must
- A minimum of five years of progressive and professional auditing practical experience gained from a reputable audit firm, public organisation of commercial enterprise.
- High level of integrity, independence, honesty, confidentiality, diligence and reliability.
- Initiative to define quality criteria / standards for the performance of own, or others under his/her supervision.
- Confidence and knowledge to acts decisively in complex situations and taking into account important public interests, relevant laws and regulations.
- Good team player.
- Practical knowledge of spreadsheets and at least one computer aided auditing application
- Broad knowledge and understanding of appropriate Management Information Systems
- Knowledge of risk based internal auditing methodology is a must.
- Ability to establish a link between NPA operations to the Governments agenda
- Ability to identify and analyze how organizational policies, processes and procedures are likely to be affected by environmental changes
- Proven skills in decision-making or policy formulation, implementation, analysis and evaluation in organizational, national or international settings.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accountability in the public sector and donor funded projects.
- Possession of skills and knowledge in Management information Systems and knowledge in Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMS) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written)
- Age: Between 30 - 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send two sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae clear phone and email contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts should be directed to: The Executive Director, National Planning Authority, P.O. Box 21434 Kampala Uganda; Planning – House Plot 17B Clement Hill Road.
- The preferred method of applications delivery is physical delivery through the NPA Front Desk / Reception. However, postal applications are also allowed provided they are received before the deadline indicated below
- Shortlisted candidates shall be notified through their email addresses and phone contacts indicated on the application or CV.
Deadline: Friday 24th June 2016 by 16:55 hours.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline