Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Duty Station: Entebbe Dairy Training School, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority's Mission is "To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda".
Job Summary: The Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer will coordinate and provide human resource and administrative support to the smooth running of Entebbe Dairy Training School’s activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer timely support to the Dairy training school in human resource and administrative functions;
- Support the dairy training school in managing of staff performance.
- Responsible for availability of office supplies, office machinery and equipment;
- In charge of organizing travel arrangements for staff;
- Ensure that the machinery and equipment are in good functional state serviced and repaired in time;
- Ensure staff welfare services, cleanliness and hygiene of office and the school;
- Coordinating procurement and management of office utilities;
- Support the school in preparing work plans and budgets;
- Organizing and coordinating meetings;
- Responsible for management and security of the school properties;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource management, Social Sciences and any other related qualifications from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of relevant continuous experience in a large organization.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the human resource and administration processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer and writing skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1s July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline