Job Title: Senior Accountant
Organisation: Medical Access Uganda Limited (MAUL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Medical Access Uganda Limited (MAUL) is a non-profit organization with a mission to enhance human health by providing efficient and sustainable health care supply chain management solutions. Since its founding in 1998, MAUL has improved the lives of more than two million patients throughout Uganda by providing diagnostic tests and life-saving medicines.
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant will maintain proper accounting records and financial information of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile the company annual budgets and variance analyses.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports including debtors aged analysis.
- Keenly review, assess and collect receivables/payables settlement.
- Prepare the journal entries and approval of postings into the automated financial accounting system (SAP) in accordance with the approved expenses codes as per chart of accounts.
- Prepare tax returns and advise management on effects of business activities on taxes, liabilities, tax payment schedules and any other roles designated by the government tax laws.
- Manage the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure that accounts payables and receivables are accurately processed in a timely manner and recorded appropriately
- Support budget preparation
- Oversee the management of financial records and petty cash
- Maintain the company fixed assets register
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related course from a reputable University
- Professional qualification (CPA or ACCA)
- At least four years’ experience in a reputable and busy accounting environment
- Broad working knowledge in Auditing, financial accounting, management accounting, taxation & finance.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good project management and supervision skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications letters, CVs and copies of academic documents submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand deliver to;
The Human Resources Manager,
Medical Access Uganda Limited,
Plot 26, Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Email applications should bear the applicant’s name and position in the subject line.
Deadline: 30th June 2016 by 5:00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline