Job Title: Security Officer
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd was incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act, 2012 on the basis of the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap 98 and Electricity Act, Cap 145. UEGCL is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda. UEGCL’s key role is to - carry on the business of electric power generation and sale within Uganda or for export to neighbouring countries; build, operate and maintain Electricity Generation Plants; monitor the operation and maintenance of its Concessioned Assets - Nalubaale and Kiira Power Stations; provide Technical Support as and when required by the Government of the Republic of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; Implement Flagship Hydropower Plant Projects of Karuma (600MW) and Isimba (183MW; organize, support, encourage and maintain training facilities in technical and related fields, amongst others.
Job Summary: The Security Officer will be tasked with ensuring effective and efficient management of the Security matters of Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the outsourced security service provider
- Ensuring the protection of UEGCL property and assets
- In charge of creating a safe and comfortable working environment for employees and visitors
- Responding to Emergency situations as they arise
- Accurately reporting all incidents to senior managers
- Responsible for preventing and detecting offences on site
- Carrying out searches or personnel, vehicles and bags etc.
- In charge of monitoring and operating CCTV cameras and other recording systems
- Carrying out investigations into reports of offences
- Work closely with the emergency services, police, ambulance and fire service to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Prepare and submit written reports on security issues in UEGCL
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a degree in any field
- Certificate in a Security related area.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in similar organisations, police or any security firm of high reputation.
- Good observation skills
- Fully aware of arrest and restraint techniques.
- Aware of Health and safety Issues
- Skilled in dealing with people politely but in a firm manner
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office and also visitor management systems.
- Possess a professional approach to all routine tasks.
- Previous experience of monitoring and controlling security equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Competencies: Risk Assessments, Resuscitation Training, Frist aid certificate and Security conscious.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of their academic documents and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL),
Victoria Office Park,
Plot 6-9 Okot Close Bukoto, Old Kiira Road,
P.O. Box 75831, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline