Job Title: Sales Coordinator
Organisation: Logistics Link
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Logistics Link is a fast growing logistics business with interests in Customs Clearance, Export Management, AOG Logistics, NVOCC, Packaging and removals, Warehousing, Trucking and Commercial distribution, Project Logistics and Transit cargo management across Eastern Africa.
Job Summary: The Sales Coordinator will be tasked with achieving revenue targets, build strong long-term relationships and manage existing customers
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively prospect new clients/business and market the company’s services
- Identify specific and needs and provide appropriate, quality and timely proposals/ quotes within the company’s service scope
- Follow-up on quotations/proposals, and accurately compute their charges as per company’s pricing guideline
- Negotiate pricing structures and be responsible for accurate invoicing of rendered services, including reconciliation with vendors of credits for any shipment failures or billing mistake.
- Acts as a point of contact between management/ office, customers, customs brokers/agents and carriers while maintaining visibility and control of all phases of the shipment
- Responsible for the timely preparation of all relevant documentation with associated agents and carriers
- Regularly track progress of on-going jobs with the Operations Team and/or Agents to ensure compliance.
- Manage the performance of the sales team by maintaining high quality and productivity standards and reporting on a weekly sales targets.
- Create and manage professional relationships with all stakeholders (clients, suppliers, co-workers)
- Ensure adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Degree in Business related courses, Public relations or Social Sciences. Professional qualification or training in freight forwarding is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years of operational experience in a dynamic sales or customer service role in the Logistics Industry.
- Prior experience with import/export regulations and documentation to include preparation of MBL, HBL, MAWB, HAWBL and related documentation
- Hands-on experience in managing customer INCOTERMS to suit their service levels and optimize freight forwarding profitability
- Computer Literate with a comprehensive knowledge in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to prepare accurate reports and appropriate mode of communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 27th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline