Job Title: Risk & Compliance Officer
Organisation: Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants & Compliance Manager
Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee with an NGO status, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans.” UHMG works in partnership with public, private, and civil society institutions to improve the quality of life of Ugandans through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions. Using the Good Life Platform as its launch pad, UHMG has employed uniquely designed interventions and innovative behavior change communication approaches to raise people’s awareness of and demand for health care services for Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria, and Maternal & Child Health.
Job Summary: The Risk & Compliance Officer will primarily be responsible for supporting the Risk Function of UHMG as part of the Internal Audit mandate of the organization’s risk management activities, which includes all components of the incident reporting system, complying with UHMG’s risk management and reporting standards, managing the internal audit function, assisting the auditors (both internal and external) in performing the external role of internal reviews, and analyzing and managing risk management data. The incumbent will also be coordinating with internal audit teams, consultants, and contractors on all aspects of risk management. The incumbent will be in charge of developing Risk Management awareness and buy-in, run and facilitate Risk Management workshops, and facilitate the development, implementation, and tracking of mitigation actions as part of managing and updating the Risk Register. S/he will support processes of developing, implementing and monitoring UHMG’s risk framework by ensuring that all operating procedures meet the compliance requirements as defined by set policies and statutory regulations. The job holder is expected to be a person of integrity, responsible for strategizing, implementing and monitoring UHMG’s risk management function, and ensuring that staff adhere to the policies and controls in place.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will provide assurance services on the three key areas of the organization, i.e.: (i) internal control; (ii) corporate governance; and (iii) risk management.
- Keenly review systems of risk management, monitoring, evaluation, and assess the adequacy of these systems.
- Provide compliance support and coordination in line with the approved Risk Management Framework,
- Evaluate and review policies and procedures in line with best practices, and ensure that all staff have a consistent interpretation of and compliance to the set-policies.
- Create an annual audit plan for the organization and its projects, and assign audit resources.
- Manage and review the work of internal and external auditors, summarize reported findings and issues for the information of the Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Work closely with department managers to schedule meetings and audits, and share evaluations, assessments, recommendations and/or findings from audit visits.
- Prepare and submit regular written reports to the Chairperson of the Audit and Risk Management Board Committee (ARC) on duties and audits performed.
- Periodically travel to UHMG project sites to audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance issues, and general management practices.
- Identify training needs and opportunities for programme staff in accounting and administration systems, including internal controls and any other areas pertinent to effective project financial management.
- Recommend appropriate interventions or solutions to problems based on project/programme performance, risk assessment, and other needs to the Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Ensure accountability and transparency to key stakeholders through the enforcement of USAID rules and regulations in financial and progress reporting.
- Build Risk identification and management capacity for staff and sub grantees that UHMG will work with under the Social Marketing Activity.
- Proactively review financial documents and other source documents to ensure value for money is maintained at all times.
- Support the Finance team to streamline financial management systems and procedures to staff and sub-grantees.
- Offer timely support in following up internal and external audit issues and recommendations that relate to organizational risks.
- Ensure that outstanding compliance review findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Submit periodic status reports to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or any other related field. Professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, and CIMA will be added advantage. Possession of a Master’s Degree in MBA or MSc in Finance and Accounting will be an added advantage. Qualification in Risk Assessment and Management will be critical.
- A minimum of three years of risk management experience in large donor-funded projects is preferred.
- Previous experience working with USAID programs will be an added advantage.
- Internal and external audit and financial management and compliance experience and ability to coordinate both internal and external work product to suit varied demands will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal audit and risk regulations/standards.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with frequent interruptions and deadlines.
- Computer literate with knowledge of basic programs MS Office, and preferably of Risk Management software.
- Good planning, coordination, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills, with ability to work with all staff levels.
- The applicant should be willing to uphold the Core Values of UHMG i.e. Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should deliver their updated resumes (CVs), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”, to the UHMG Office Reception, addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 30th June 2016 by 4:00 pm (East African Time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline