Job Title: Research Officer
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Research Officer
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Research Officer will collect and organise, information using ethical methodologies in order to contribute to an ethical and sustainable PPDA research programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the assessment and update of the current research strategy to ensure focus in the identification and implementation of PPDA research activities.
- Take part in compiling and documenting of lessons and best practices for PPDA so that policy and programming are informed and kept relevant.
- Actively participate in the development of data collection tools for PPDA research and other research related programme activities.
- Participate in the interpretation of research data and writing of research/survey reports from studies conducted by PPDA or collaborating teams as delegated by the Senior Research Officer.
- Periodically engage in identification of research implementation gaps and provide relevant input into research strategy development for effective conduct of research activities.
- Regularly engage in programme data analysis so as to identify themes for data quality improvement
- Significantly contribute to the design, implementation and coordination of studies/evaluations conducted by PPDA and/or collaborating teams to ensure achievement of study objectives as delegated by the Senior Research Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the PPDA Research Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or Quantitative Economics, Social Sciences and any other related discipline
- Credits in both Mathematics and English at O’ Level.
- Previous experience in monitoring, evaluation in research (tools and framework development) is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy with knowledge in the use of statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Ms Excel etc.) is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Skills in Information Handling and Filing
- Good Information Technology/ Computer Skills
- Managing Learning
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Preparing Instruction
- Good presentation skills (large groups)
- Excellent Report Writing /Document Presentation skills
- Research/ Knowledge Management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Impeccable level of integrity
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; copies of academic certificates and one (1) current Passport photograph should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline