Job Title: Research Coordinator
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CoRSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CoRSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-government organization in Uganda after extensive consultation with various stake holders. It is a Ugandan initiative which was encouraged and supported by CBM with the main aim of expanding and improving the rehabilitation services for children and people with disability.
Job Summary: The Research Coordinator will conduct research activities of a collaborative research program between CoRSU, Norgrove and University of California-San Francisco (UCSF) on injection injury work and other pediatric orthopaedic research. The incumbent will also monitor and evaluate some of the work done at CoRSU to bring forward valuable research. The jobholder will bring forward factual issues that will inform policy, training and practice, for integrated prevention, better care, treatment and advocacy for Uganda's disabled children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be tasked with carrying out a background on the Post-Injection Disability Prevention Research Program between CoRSU, Norgrove and University of California-San Francisco (UCSF).
- Study current research trends to assess and update so as to ensure CoRSU alignment to health priorities; resources for research identification enabled.
- Ensure that all lessons learned and documentation of best practices compiled so that policy and programming are informed and kept relevant
- Ensure research proposals are developed for research conducted and resource mobilisation for sustainability
- Responsible for the development of abstracts and manuscripts/papers at CoRSU coordinated and research findings disseminated so as to inform policy development, program design, program improvements and advocacy
- In charge of managing research budget and ensuring efficient usage and high standards of accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be an MPH level “fellow” person who would be "feet-on-the-ground" person with a Masters in public health, statistics, population and reproductive health.
- A minimum of three years in research and one year of coordination experience
- Qualifications in research methodologies, research Ethics or documentation of best practices Knowledge of operations research experience in relevant health programs
- Broad background in overseeing research using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Working knowledge of national and international policies procedures and standards for research ethics
- Excellent report writing and document (IRBs) reviewing skills
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (detailed CV with cover letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi or via email to email@example.com.
Deadline: 24th June 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline