Job Title: Research Associate, Makerere Alumni Project
Organization: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world's poor. Since our founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 350 leading academics to conduct over 450 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Research Associate will support the Makerere Alumni Project and collaborate with academic researchers and other field staff to perform a variety tasks including, but not limited to:
- Developing and piloting the survey instruments.
- Running pilot exercise and refining study designs
- Training and managing survey teams
- Planning, organizing and reporting on surveys in the field
- Checking and analyzing data, cleaning data and assisting in preliminary analysis.
- Writing and submitting regular project reports
- Coordinating with local partners running the programs being evaluated
- Managing the project budget and donor reporting timeline
- Overseeing funding and approval applications, and ensuring that all necessary approvals are in order.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in economics, business management, social sciences, public policy, political science or related fields, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in STATA and experience with data management and data cleaning
- Previous exposure and experience with quantitative research, particularly with randomized controlled trials
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Experience running a large-scale survey and managing the survey implementation and data entry process
- Experience with Computer-Assisted Interviewing is preferred, but not required
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English language.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should complete the J-PAL/IPA common application online, Click Here. After completing a brief registration, choose the Research job category, then select “Research Associate, Makerere Alumni Project” Most applications for research positions require you to include at minimum two letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts.
Please also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline: 27th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline