Job Title: Regional Health Coordinator –RCT
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Uganda
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out activities pertaining to operational management, supportive supervision and coordination of (and between) the program, and attend to all daily activities of the Program in the specified region.
- Ensure proper implementation of all the program/project related activities at the field level; monitoring the key indicators of project implementation.
- Provide necessary support to the team at field levels such as Area Health Coordinators, Program Assistants and Community Health Promoters under supervision, resolve issues and taking administrative actions accordingly.
- Carry out field and site visits intensively and provide supportive supervision to the team of CHWs and staffs, to ensure effective and quality implementation of the program/ project activities.
- Support the Health Team and the Program Manager as needed with donor visits, staff training, stakeholder liaisons (local government) and other relevant activities.
- Prepare and submit reports for submission, and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor within the program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health, preferable currently serving as a Nursing or Medical Officer.
- At least two years’ working experience in Operational Health Research and health projects
- The applicant should be in position to carry out extensive field visits in the North and Eastern Regions where the program is being implemented.
- Skilled in reporting, organized, disciplined, demonstrated teamwork as well as independent work ability; and proficient computer skills
- Strong demonstrated work ethics and objectivity (and integrity/ professionalism) record and management of harnessing such qualities among the team working under him/her.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess strong passion/interest on health work to improve lives of women and children
- Computer skills, M-health knowledge and skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline