Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job ID: 17777
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Regional Forex Sales Consultant will provide professional treasury services to the banks existing and potential SME Banking customers with a view to increase FX flows, manage, develop and grow the FX portfolio of SME Banking clients as well as implement the sales plans to ensure that revenue targets are achieved and also plan, co-ordinate and monitor growth of sales on FX products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service:
- Service and call on existing and potential customers for SME Banking on an ongoing basis to obtain further business & to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide quality economic information to SME Sales team and customers related to FX volatility as part of education and promotion of FX products
- Stay abreast with the latest trends in the foreign exchange markets and advice customers.
- Create and maintain records of customers and be aware of their needs and currency exposure to be enabled to advise them accordingly
- Understand customers’ businesses and to anticipate their requirements through consultative selling using the SPIN model. To match customers’ needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions with customers to maximize revenue and profitability
- Actively participate in various client functions, conduct client surveys and conduct Focus groups to ensure product and market intelligence feedback is solicited, and used in a way which enhances SCB’s competitive positive.
- Provide feedback to VCGM-SME Banking and Product Manager Head of FX, on clients changing needs to ensure that SCB's product offering are current
- Actively participate in joint sales calls with SME sales team (RM’s, BRM’s) to promote FX products to customers
- Ensure synergy in efforts to meet FX volume & revenue targets.
- Ensure fair and objective competitive reimbursement rate pricing
- Maintain competitive FX pricing compared to other banks.
- Offer support in marketing of new FX products.
- Implement a strategy to pursue Retail clients that have never dealt Global Markets business with Stanbic.
- Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders. (e.g. Project Finance, Structured Finance/Retail Finance) and leverage off their deals that might have Global Markets opportunities.
- Identify new Retail customers that Global Markets needs and facilitate suitable Global Markets products to service their requirements in the most beneficial manner possible.
- Build Retail client relationships with the objective of seeking new Global Markets business.
- Make client calls relating to FX products thereby increasing volume and P&L.
3. Risk and Control:
- Ensure all deals in comply with SME credit policy.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with Bank and local regulations.
- Migrate best practices to and from other group centres.
- Ensure prudent & smooth operational processing
4. People Management
- Keep track of FX Product performance on-going basis.
- Provide ongoing product training to all SME RM's and branch staff.
- Improve process flows to increase efficiency.
5. Others: May be assigned other related duties by the Line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Regional Forex Sales Consultant - Eastern Region career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies or a related field from a recognized university
- At least two years sales experience in branch banking
- Previous experience running a small business an added advantage
- Broad working knowledge of the Business Banking value proposition
- Extensive knowledge of bank products/services
- Detailed knowledge of the bank's policies and procedures relating to all areas under his/her control
- Working knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the core banking system
- Knowledge of the risk management and credit principles
- Good knowledge of bank policy regarding product criteria, pricing, charges and interest rates
- Broad knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Knowledge of competitor products and services
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 29th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline