Job Title: Radiology Manager
Organisation: Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Medical Services
Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL) is a private hospital in Kampala that opened its doors to outpatient treatment in March 2009 and inpatient treatment, the same year. Our mission is to provide quality medical care to patients, to fill the gap which is created by lack of adequate medical facilities in the country.
Job Summary: The Radiology Manager will primarily be charged with planning, directing and coordinating all administrative activities for the radiology unit as well as recommend cost saving processes and the units’ supply changes to affect the economy of the units operations. Additionally, they may interpret, prepare, and distribute statistical data regarding the units’ operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Radiology Information Systems and ensure the records tally with the number of procedures carried out.
- Oversee asset management and ensure that equipment, services, and products meet current needs and are ready for use
- Oversee the business side of radiology, including but not limited to: budgeting, revenue projection, billing, and compliance
- Oversee film library, ensuring films and/or digital images are accessible and maintained in accordance with the hospital record management policies.
- Work closely with the head of department to organize CME’s within the department and also inter-department CME’s.
- Perform procurement and stock- take functions:
- Guide the procurement team before procuring radiology equipment and supplies/ consumables
- In charge of monitoring / providing accountability of radiology stock items and or consumables
- Provide daily and monthly consumption reports regarding radiology stock items.
- Compile administrative reports regarding:
- Patient inflow statistics on a daily and monthly basis
- In charge of budgeting for radiology revenue versus expenses (profit-loss analysis) together with finance department
- Function as a contact person (and / or representative) for the radiology department for both patients and the rest of the hospital regarding radiology matters:
- Attend consultative meetings with administration and provide feedback to the radiology team.
- Attend other departmental meetings with in the hospital (as a representative from radiology) and provide feedback to the radiology team.
- Communicate radiology issues to management and other concerned departments in the hospital.
- Cordially attend to patient’s issues or concerns regarding radiology services.
- Ensure there is smooth patient flow and patient handling within the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a degree in business studies or management
- At least two to three years’ experience in a busy environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters via E-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th June, 2016