Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an established business group that deals in printing. The printing solutions include industrial and commercial printing which includes printing of labels and packaging with HP Indigo 6800 and printing of photo specialty, marketing collaterals, and publishing using HP Indigo 5600.
Job Summary: The Purchasing Manager will plan, organize and supervise the comprehensive purchasing functions for the business, daily activities and negotiate terms and conditions with vendors and/or service providers in line with the organization’s financial objectives, policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keep a constant check on stock levels.
- The jobholder will develop policies and guidelines for location and selection of vendors of materials, equipment and supplies, to determine and maintain availability and quality.
- Maintain purchasing information, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment and approve purchase orders on the basis of approved quotations
- Regularly analyze and study markets and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material and equipment availability.
- Develop and monitor implementation of purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus or unused, unwanted or hazardous materials in line with the relevant guidelines and policies.
- Keenly review, evaluate, and update specifications for issuing and awarding bids and prepare bid awards requiring board approval
Key Performance Indicators
- Efficiently manage stock level s at all times
- Developed procurement processes and procedures
- Developed vendor accreditation guidelines
- Procurement policy and procedure compliance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Purchasing Manager vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing or Procurement.
- Certified purchasing Manager is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role in a reputable organization.
- Previous experience in negotiating purchasing terms with existing and prospective suppliers.
- Good leadership skills
- High degree of integrity
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Computer literacy i.e. High level of technical proficiency the MS Office suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook and Oracle financial systems.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita via E-mail addressed to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline