Job Title: Project Manager
Organization: World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Coordinator - Energy and Climate
WWF is one of the world's largest independent and experienced Conservation organizations operating in over 100 Countries in the world. WWF UCO implements a number of national programmes promoting environment conservation in Uganda. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of our planet's natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will provide leadership, coordinate, and monitor the implementation of Oil and Gas project in line with the Energy and Climate Programme and WWF UCO strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the implementation of annual project work plans and budgets for project operational requirements with clear deliverables and resources in line with WWF UCO objectives, project priorities and donor requirements.
- Offer technical support in fundraising through project design/proposal preparation in contributing towards better management of environment and social issues associated with oil and gas development in Uganda, in line with WWF UCO’s mission.
- Regularly monitor the implementation of existing and future oil and gas projects of WWF UCO project implementation based on WWF Monitoring and Evaluation guidelines.
- Prepare annual and quarterly project reports, document and share project best practices and experiences and periodically advise management, key stakeholders in line with WWF and donor requirements.
- Regularly monitor the project budget performance against approved activities in liaison with the project accountant and advise the Finance Manager, Programme Coordinator and donors in line with WWF UCO guidelines.
- Develop and disseminate appropriate communication materials (posters, newsletters, factsheets e.t.c) on key issues associated with oil and gas development in Uganda based on sound scientific knowledge and established best practices from within WWF Network or its partners both local and international.
- Coordinate the engagement of WWF UCO with various stakeholders including government, private sector and civil society on oil and gas policies, laws and institutions at both national and district local government levels in line with WWF UCO objectives, project priorities and donor requirements;
- Identify and engage various stakeholders at different levels to promote the integration of environmental and social concerns in oil and gas development in Uganda.
- The incumbent will organize and implement internal and external capacity strengthening including but not limited to civil society, private sector and government actors on effective management of environmental and social aspects associated with oil and gas development in Uganda in line with WWF UCO objectives, project priorities and donor requirements;
- Conduct research and develop sustainability tools to promote improved environmental and social performance of oil and gas development in Uganda;
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the risk register, develop mitigation measures against risks for tracking and reviewing risks as they occur during the life of the Project in line with the WWF UCO risk management policy and Network guidelines.
- Regularly monitor the implementation and compliance to the project controls/protocols, ensuring that all expenditures are accounted for in line with donor requirements and WWF UCO objectives.
- Maintain a competent “project team” through coaching and mentoring, mentoring, giving constructive feedback, capacity development, in line with the WWF human resources guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the WWF Advocacy and Capacity Building Officer should hold a Master’s degree in; Environmental/ Natural Resource Management with a strong bias towards social development and extractives; Energy and Climate studies and a related bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressive working experience with a reputable NGO.
- At least three years’ work experience in oil and gas or extractives development is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in civil society engagement and advocacy, lobbying, natural resources management.
- Previous experience in NGO fundraising, project planning and management is an added advantage.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to handle complex process and information integration issues.
- Extensive theoretical background and practical experience in organization development, civil society engagement, communication, lobbying and advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate project planning, development and implementation of capacity building initiatives.
- Ability to effectively fundraise.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations both as a team member and team leader.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-interest, multi-ethnic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take on leading role, often in situations under pressure, in defining and implementing projects with teams of individuals of different culture and background.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task under limited supervision.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated CVs, and academic transcripts to the Human Resource Officer, WWF Uganda, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Office: WWF Uganda Country Office, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kololo P.O. Box 8745, Kampala - Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 10th June 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline