Job Title: Project Coordinator-End Child Marriages
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Response Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator-End Child Marriages will manage all aspects of the UNICEF Grant on End Child Marriage Campaign Project, including ensuring integration into WVU program interventions. Specifically, the job will over-see planning, budgeting execution, monitoring and reporting, aligned to World Vision Uganda child well-being outcomes and UNICEF project requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the project strategic and operational planning and budgeting, as well as implementation, in-line with the project document and WVU strategic priorities
- Work in close consultation with the World Vision Uganda Design Monitoring and Evaluation team, work out an appropriate project Monitoring & Evaluation frame-work and also champion its operationalization.
- Consistent with the project reporting requirements/standards, coordinate evidence based, timely and quality reporting for accountability to District Leaders, donors and the community
- Carry out stakeholder mapping and analysis of “end child marriage” actors in the project area to inform building of partnerships, networks and collaborations for effective joint mobilization, awareness raising and social accountability.
- In-line with WVU Human Resources Manual, contribute to project staff recruitment, development and retention as well as, ensuring value based staff supervision, mentoring and on-job support.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the project finances and assets as per the existing WVU policies and procedures
- Significantly contribute to resource mobilization for project activities identifying fundable ideas and sharing the concepts with the GAM team.
- Play a representational role for UNICEF and WVU project interests at the Local Government levels, in close consultation with WVU technical and management teams,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Project Coordinator-End Child Marriages employee should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a development-related discipline. Possession of a postgraduate training in related discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of field experience in advocacy Campaign coordination and Behavior Change Communication
- Excellent mobilization, advocacy and communication skills, facilitation and materials development for child protection.
- Excellent collaboration and networking skills
- Strong coordination and team building skills
- Good writing and documentation skills.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only. Only Internal Candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline