Job Title: Project Accounts Assistant
Organization: Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development (MLHUD)
Funding Source: International Development Association (IDA)/World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Accounting Specialist (F&AS)
The Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development (MLHUD) has received funding from International Development Association (IDA)/World Bank to implement Albertine Region Sustainable Development Project (ARSDP). MLHUD is implementing component 2: Local Access Planning and Development of ARSDP over the next three financial years. In order to be efficient and effective in implementation of IDA/ World Bank funded Projects/Programs, MLHUD constituted a Program Support Team which supports the implementation of both Uganda Support to Municipal Infrastructure Development (USMID) Program and Component 2 of ARSDP.
Job Summary: The Project Accounts Assistant will be tasked with processing of all financial transactions, posting and reconciling books of accounts and records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will be managing ledgers for ARSDP to ensure they are well balanced
- Responsible for processing payments for the Project
- Follows-up accountability for funds released in form of advances and have them retired in time.
- Offers supports F&AS in handling cash payments at workshops and events organized by the IDA funded projects/program under the Ministry.
- In charge of reconciling books of accounts and extracting draft trial balance/transaction list for review by F&AS
- Responsible for arranging bulk financial data in excel for the project(s) for eventual upload to an automated accounting systems such as IFMIS.
- File returns for URA and NSSF in consultation with the F&AS and MLHUD’s focal person responsible for compiling the returns.
- Offers supports to the F&AS in managing financial and accounting processes of the World Bank funded Projects/Programs and other duties as may be assigned by the Ministry.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Degree in Commerce (Accounting option), Business
- Administration (Accounting option). Accounting and Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- A minimum of three years of practical experience in financial management or related accounting duties in a busy public or private organization.
- Specific experience working with GoU /Donor funded Projects will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy with skills in Microsoft office applications.
- Previous experience in accounting packages will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
- Capacity to establish credibility, trust and partnership.
- Keen attention to details and follow up on agreed actions.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, copies of certified academic documents, CVs with names and contact information of 3 work related referees, addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development,
P.O Box, 7096 Kampala, Uganda or
Hand deliver to:
USMID/ARSDP, PST Offices
Plot No. 9 (Floor 1) Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala
Deadline: 7th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline