Job Title: Project Accountant
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Accountant
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Project Accountant will be responsible for overall financial management of the assigned project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all accounting records and bank accounts are up-to-date using Excel Spread sheets and computerized accounting system.
- Preparing monthly Bank reconciliation for all bank Accounts.
- Enhancing systems of internal control (goods, works/services, fixed assets/ civil works)
- Preparing cash flow forecasts in consultation with the Project Coordinator
- Preparing monthly returns for onward transmission to Government of Uganda and the funding agencies.
- Responsible for preparing Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements for parallel financing to the projects from other donors and counterparts funds as well as timely reporting to the Accounting Officer on material variances.
- Ensuring compliance with Operating procedures of Government and the Financing Agencies e.g. Procurement, Disbursements, Special Accounts, IFRs, Special Commitments etc.
- In charge of monitoring the financial management aspects of the progress of contracts e.g. deliveries versus amount paid.
- Supporting the Project Coordinators in monitoring performance against agreed Financial Performance Indicators.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Project Accountant job opportunity should a good Bachelor’s (honours) Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting Option)
- Partial Professional Qualification with recognised accounting bodies e.g. ACCA, CPA or Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- A minimum of five years working experience in a busy accounting office
- Previous experience in handling donor funded projects is an added advantage..
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline