Job Title: Programme Manager Economic Empowerment
Organisation: National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Officer- Legal
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an umbrella organization promoting the rights of Persons with disabilities in Uganda with the vision of having ‘a dignified society for all.’ NUDIPU exists to build a unified voice for PWDs for full realization of their rights and inclusive development through support and advocacy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Implementation: Build the capacity of staff, promote media campaigns, generate data on the capacities of PWDs to initiate and implement profitable economic activities, coordinate lobby activities while building strong partnerships among disability fraternity. Government, CSOs and development partners.
- Human Resource Management:
- Offer support in the review of existing human resource policies and plans of NUDIPU, agreeing on work plans with Program Officers, providing support and supervision to and participation in the selection, recruitment and induction of staff and volunteers as required.
- Provide leadership and support to volunteers and students on industrial training.
- Organizational Management: Participate in organizational planning including the setting of activity and financial targets, development and review of internal policies and organizational structure in liaison with other Program Managers and Units in NUDIPU to improve program effectiveness and coherence
- Actively participate in fund raising initiatives including proposal writing/review and donor lobbying
- Provide periodic updates on the program to NUDIPU Management, Board of Directors and funding partners for strategic decision making.
- Coordinate the Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of program
- Ensure that resources for program work are property deployed and utilized
- Conduct General Administration
- Lobby for changes in legislation, plans, policies and service delivery to facilitate the economic empowerment of PWDs
- Coordinate research on Disability and Economic Empowerment
- Build the Capacity of NUDIPU members on IGAs and Resource Mobilization, among others duties
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Social Works and Social Administration or Community Adult Education or Development Studies and or any other related humanities. A relevant master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in working with membership organizations, preferably at Management level and has good understanding of development dynamics.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Demonstrate ability to build teams
- Computer literate in the following packages; Database, Power Point, Excel and Ms Word
- Knowledge and experience of working with local communities and PWDS
- Good fundraising skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, copies of academic transcripts and resumes to the “Executive Director.”
The candidates should physically deliver their application at the NUDIPU offices in Kampala,
Plot 530 Bukoto- Kisaasi Road or through Post office, P.O. Box 8567 Kampala. Uganda
Email to: Info@nudipu.org
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline