Job Title: Programme Assistant - Health
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 17,500,000 p.a.
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Job Summary: The Programme Assistant – Health will offer support in project implementation, M&E, partnership building, operational planning and support. The Programme Assistant will work closely with the Programme Manager ensure health projects are delivered against timeframes and output and outcome targets/ objectives within the programme strategy and project plans. She / he will ensure that programme/project documentation is in place and up-to-date as per VSO guidelines and donor requirements, including for volunteer placements and donor reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other programme staff to collate financial and narrative reporting information on projects and implemented activities
- Provide technical input for the health programme, signature package and other relevant project documents
- Actively seek and cultivate working partnerships with partners such as the regional hospitals and district health offices
- Offer support in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools such as case studies, including a linkage to the health HMIS system
- Provide input for the health volunteer newsletter and regional newsletter.
- Support volunteers in project implementation, correspondence documentation and monitoring and encourage prompt completion of volunteer reports, evaluations and references.
- Provide volunteer logistical support, as the first in-country point-of-contact for national and international volunteers
- Coordinate travel arrangements availability, organise accommodation and day-to-day logistical needs
- Ensure administration systems are efficient and customer friendly
- Work with other VSO employees to take appropriate action to ensure volunteers’ safety
- Provide cover for the Programme Manager when he/she is touring.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have broad knowledge and understanding of maternal and new-born health.
- Good understanding of the government of Uganda health system.
- Previous exposure and experience in M&E systems.
- Previous experience and preferably access to the HMIS system.
- Working knowledge of administrative, logistical and office support services.
- Experience in activity level reporting with good writing skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and partnerships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be ready to travel around and outside the country.
- Previous knowledge gained within a volunteering/NGO context and Northern Uganda an advantage
- Able to speak local languages (Acholi, Luo)
- Motor bike riding required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the web link below.
Deadline: 30th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline