Job Title: Program Accountant
Organisation: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an international NGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees and has been active in Uganda since 1997 as an operational partner to OPM and UNHCR.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and check advance requests and payment vouchers for both cash and bank payments.
- Prepare and check procurement and service provider bills.
- In charge of the management of domestic and international money transfers.
- Responsible for cash management.
- Prepare and maintain staff payroll inclusive of NSSF and PAYE payments.
- Follow-up of and receive accountability of advances.
- Prepare monthly project accounts and book keeping.
- Assist in annual and monthly program / project budgeting.
- Strengthen organisations’ and partners’ financial and accounting capacity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and / or professional qualification in A.C.C.A. CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of accounting experience.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint and accounting programs.
- High level of ethics and integrity, good communication skills.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of development issues
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including salary request and updated CVs with contacts of three professional / academic reference persons and send to: email@example.com.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not send copies of academic certificates.
Deadline: 24th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline